Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Miscellany

It's amazing how much knitting I can get done when I put my mind to it. In the last two weeks I've finished half a pair of socks, half a pair of fingerless mitts, two face cloths and one-third of a scarf. Not bad considering I'm still sleeping, working, being social, attending classes. Christmas needs to be every month if that's what it takes to make me actually use up my yarn stash.




Last night I dreamed that I was in New York during an earthquake. It was so vivid I actually woke up and had to check USGS to make sure it wasn't a real one that had somehow entered my dreams. It wasn't.




I just got an email announcing the next NYC Midnight Short Story Contest. This year's will be completely different than the last two: three rounds, each round getting progressively shorter in allowed story length. First round is a week and 2,500 words, second round is a weekend (my birthday weekend) and 1,500 words, final round is one day and 1,000 words. That's pretty intense. I'm not sure yet if I want to sign up. Will think on it.




There might be more, but my bus is coming. That's what I get for trying to journal in the morning.

No comments: