Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Risk: Free!

After a bout of sickness that was successfully wrangled down within 24 hours via the taking of vitamin supplements (but not before it sent me home from work in a wave of nausea and woozy), I decided today that it was time for me to keep a bottle of supplements at the office, so that there would be no way I could forget to take them in the morning.

Mind you, I generally don't believe in vitamin supplements — always figured that if you can't get it right from your diet, then you must be doing something wrong. But then, I spent half of my days off last year being sick, and I'd kind of like to avoid that for this year. Thus: a trip to the GNC around the corner from my office.

As I was checking out, the clerk popped this down on the counter next to my box
OkyEleteGeneral
saying, "They want us to give this to you with your purchase. It's just a sample." He might have explained more than that, but not very much. And I shrugged, and paid my bill (heck, whatever it was, it's free) and didn't take a closer look at it until I got back to the office.

Note the little box of text on the front of the bottle. This is what it says:
OkyEleteClose

I don't know about you, but two things stand out to me, looking at this label:
  1. The wording kind of makes it sounds like this drug's true power is like a gigantic cock: only the most experienced can handle it right.
  2. Why are they giving away for free something that tells you it needs to be run by a physician? Not even a caveat of "if you're weak in some way, then you should ask your doctor." No, it's straight up: better check with the doc before you even think about popping this baby open.

So is it me, or does it just seem sort of wrong? Perhaps I am just weak.

No comments: