Monday, May 31, 2010

By the Way: I Have Boobs

It's sad to have to say this, but I must admit: I think some small part of my enjoyment in volunteering for the Santa Cruz Blues Festival every year is all the male attention I get.

This is probably because I live in San Francisco. Any other city, and I'd be sick of guys ogling my tits. But two days a year, I'm guaranteed hordes of dirty old (and some not-so-old) men talking to a point four inches below my chin for eight hours straight a day. And damn, does it make a girl feel giddy ... it's my male attention fix for the year. And I didn't even have to wear something fashionable or outrageous for the occasion!

This year I was "banished" to the coffee tent from my usual spot in the money tent, which I suppose works out because this is the first year I actually drink coffee. I got mad tips (see above!). I also learned how to work one of those fancy espresso machines, and how to make espresso shots, lattes and cappuccinos. Awesome.

No comments: