Friday, May 6, 2011

Teal and Black and Teal and Black

It comes in cycles. Right now: down cycle. I'm getting that restless, get-me-the-fuck-out-of-here feeling again, the frustration with the general blandness of things around me, flavored with the worry that I'm not doing enough to make myself interesting and that's making me lose the ability to draw interesting people to me. I think I used to have that power: I have a lot of interesting friends. I just need to remember how I did that.

But things will come back up soon — are already starting to. And I'm not nearly as low as I was a year ago.

Good things that have happened this week (because I need to remind myself on a regular basis):
  • Sharks are up 3-1 against the Red Wings in the Western Conference Semifinals.
  • Watching game 3, I got into a good conversation with a lawyer visiting from Chicago, and it reaffirmed my faith in talking to people at bars. I hope he is reading this because hey, you reaffirmed my faith. Give yourself a pat on the back for that one, Sir.
  • I was dismissed from jury duty, so I no longer need to fret about working weekends so I don't use up all my PTO.
  • I discovered that Netflix now has Cheers, The Twilight Zone, and (just for Geof) Twin Peaks, in addition to a whole slew of James Bond films. I have a lot of watching to do, coming up.

Good lord, when did I become one of those "re-affirming" people? Somebody hit me upside of the head with a Nerf bat and let's drink some bourbon.

No comments: