Wednesday, November 7, 2012

It's Night

I asked for weather. I anticipated weather. I lauded weather.

I got weather. Oh, did I ever.

So yeah, there was that hurricane thing that happened last week.  We were out of work for three days, because the subways were out of work for three days. I'm just glad I am still staying with Karen and Mike so I didn't have to go through it alone.

And now, it's snowing outside. And I have no waterproof shoes, as I found out on the way home today.

However, I do have a signed lease, and a move-in date. And an address. This means that as of November 15, I'll end my two-plus-month bout of homelessness.

I'm relieved, and a little scared. It really means there's no going back, not really for a year at least.  Am I living the dream, or is this the biggest mistake I've made in my life?

Friends, want my new address, to send Christmas cards and gifts of money?  Shoot me an email.


No comments: